WE'RE GROWING. ARE YOU READY TO GROW WITH US?
We are looking for additional key members of the team NOW (May 2019):
The MBL Solutions Network is a leading provider of retail, hospitality, loyalty and membership solutions with offices in Newcastle. We work with a wide range of regional and national clients including names like Sainsburys, Debenhams, Greggs, Caffè Nero, PizzaExpress, Hobbycraft and New Look, as well as lots of smaller retailers accross the country. Our unique integrated Inspired Suite includes EPoS, E-Commerce, Gift Cards, Points Rewards and gamification Loyalty.
Senior Full Stack Laravel Developer (Newcastle Upon Tyne)
Key skills: 3 Years Commercial Experiece with Laravel and Vue JS. AWS experience a benefit.
Interested? Please email your CV and a cover letter to .
This is an excellent opportunity for career development.
Salary: Dependent upon experience
We are looking for someone with excellent development skills who enjoys coding in a challenging technical environment. For the right candidate there would also be opportunities to progress into a senior management or director role.
- It is important that the person is mature and a good verbal communicator, who is happy working in a team or alone.
- He/she must have 3-4+ years commercial PHP coding experience, of which 2 years must be Laravel. A high level of technical skills will be required for this role (see below).
- Ideally, the candidate should be degree qualified, but good experience is more important.
- A broad experience base could be beneficial, including previous retail, bar, restaurant, shop, office work.
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years experience using PHP (7.0+ prefered)
- MVC framework Laravel 5 (or similar e.g. Symphony or Zend Framework 2)
- Comfortable understanding of OOP
- Experience with MySQL
- HTML 5 and CSS 3
'Nice to Have' Technical Skills:
- Object Oriented Design using Design Patterns
- 3rd party software integration using REST and SOAP based API's
- Experience with Version Control (Git)
- Linux (LAMP and/or LEMP) server management
- Knowledge of Amazon Web Services
- Other coding skills such as C#, Java etc...
- Knowledge of working in, or for retail
- Knowledge of EPoS
- Other web related skills such as SEO, Responsive web development, e-Commerce etc..
- This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your Laravel skills whilst working with top UK retail brands.
- Competitive salary
- Career development opportunity
- 21 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Benefits package including discounts off retail products and holidays
- Pension contribution
- Flexible working hours
We're always on the look out for talented and dedicated people to join our team, so please email your CV and a cover letter to . We look forward to hearing from you.